Google Introduced Videos On Google Maps for Local Guides
Here are new features for Google Maps Local Guides “Videos On Google Maps“: Now you can upload videos on Google Maps to help people see the world and make decisions about where to go.
This feature allows local guides to upload videos of places that can be used by people for;
- Having a quick tour of the place they are planning to visit
- Seeing some interesting things happening at your own local place
- Viewing the reviews of a place by the audience already visited
- Viewing the Interiors and Exteriors
- Viewing Items in a shop or a dish
You can even put yourself on the camera…and possibly, a lot more stuff… So overall, an exciting feature and an exciting way to encourage Local Guides. Smart move GOOGLE!
To make it easy for Local Guides, Google allowed the use of your phone’s cameras that would allow you to create a video for up to 10 seconds.
But you can also upload videos from your phone’s gallery that are allowed for up to 30 seconds. Better to use this one 😛
- Keep it clean: Otherwise remove videos that contain obscene, profane or offensive language.
- Off-topic: They only permit videos with audio content that reflects your personal experience at a place.
- Conflict of interest: Descriptions, opinions, reviews and other types of commentary, are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased.
For more details and to see examples of Videos, click this: How to post great videos on Google Maps
Overall, it’s completely a new feature for Local Guides and they can use it to make viewers aware of the real things of any place they are willing to visit.
I’m gonna try this feature for sure 🙂
Let me know what you think of this feature of Google and take out some ideas from your mind on How you think you can help audience with this.