How to Optimize a Website for Higher Search Rankings
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a process of increasing the search visibility of a website in the search engine. The major role of SEO practices is to increase a website’s traffic and leads by targeting right audience on the product and services offered. Furthermore, in SEO websites are optimized for two critical factors On-Page Optimization and Off-Page Optimization.
Although, both the techniques have been used by every SEO since the beginning of search engine optimization, here I am going to explain some most effective SEO strategies that can be used to optimize a website for higher search rankings in 2017.
So, How to optimize a website for Higher Search Rankings in 2017, below are the insights.
First, we are starting with some crucial On-Page SEO factors, where I will teach you from where you must start optimizing a website, because learning search engine optimization step-by-step is important.
On-Page SEO Factors:
- Page Title Optimization: Under page title optimization, we have to optimize the web page titles and have to make them in a manner through which we can target our major keywords together with an eye catchy material. The character limit of the page title in Google search engine is 55-60. That means you really have to be very conscious while optimizing it.
- Meta Tags Optimization: Under webpage snippets optimization, you have to optimize the META DESCRIPTION and META KEYWORDS. Meta Description is the one which appears on the rich snippets on SERP’s and the concept of Meta Keywords is not much of use in today’s latest SEO trend but it still works if used wisely – Stated on Personal experience. So, the average length of meta descriptions is 155-160 characters. Which means you have to make it that way, which can be able to convey the service seekers and have to make sure your targeted keyword also appears (Will help in getting rankings).
- Internal Links Optimization: This is one of the most critical SEO practice which can boost up a website’s ranking tremendously. While practicing this strategy yo have to make sure that you are using ALT and TITLE attributes on each and every internal link. This will help crawlers to understand your linking-to webpage and will directly increase its ranking performance.
- Content Optimization: This is the most powerful weapon for getting higher search rankings in 2017 and will be the most powerful ever. “Content is the King” Any website having strong, useful, well optimized and insightful content will automatically get higher rankings and it does not matter how long your content is written. All you need is; Originality, Usefulness, Easily Understandable for the readers. If you are able to optimize that, then you have won 60% ranking game.
- Sitemaps Optimization: It’s important to have sitemaps on every website. Why? you can use it to make sure all your website pages are properly indexed. There are 3 types of sitemaps which are well known and are widely in use; XML-sitemap, HTML-sitemap, geo/location-sitemap. You can use all those sitemaps for indexing and better local search results.
Off-Page SEO Factors:
- Social Bookmarking: Social bookmarking is the first ever thought of every SEO expert when it comes to Off-page SEO practices. The main reason is doing social bookmarking on the initial phase is; It enables to get links from different bookmarking websites which help website pages to get crawled by the search engine crawlers on a regular basis. Secondly, it also helps to build some good quality backlinks on the website as well.
- Content Curation: Content curation is a practice which comes under Content Marketing, aiming to make your website visible on third-party websites or blogs. Curations can be done for the targeted website’s blog and all you need to do is; Just write a unique description for a blog post and refer it on curation websites with a link back to its original source. This will help to increase your website visibility and will also help to get generate high-quality backlinks.
- Article Submissions: You can create articles for third party websites for article submissions and can start their bookmarking and curations as well. But make sure to use unique and useful insights in the article body and do not publish the same article on more than one website.
NOTE: Using article submission directories for article submission can harm your website and can lead to penalties as well.
- Classified Submissions: Classifieds are the free online advertisements that SEO professionals perform on classified submission websites. These websites are a great source to get more traffic and customers to your website. The best thing is that they are free and can help to get more leads.
- Local Business Listings: It is very important to list a company website on different business listing platforms, this will help to increase a website’s visibility in local search results. But make sure to avoid business listing directories, because they can harm!! You a list business on Google Business Page, Bing Places for Business, Yelp, Yahoo, Aabaco Small Business etc.
So, that’s all in the starting guide on (What is SEO and How to Optimize a Website for Rankings).
For free online SEO, taining course read this: Complete Online SEO Training Course Free – SEO Guide 2017